28 October 2009

A Thousand Words In Idioms: Final Edition

Wednesday, October 28, 2009
My dear friend Jientje at Heaven Is In Belgium came up with a wonderful meme called A Thousand Words In Idioms, and I really enjoyed this meme because it taught me a lot of new idioms in very creative photo shots. Sadly, last week was the final edition of Jientje's meme. I actually had promised myself that I would try my best to participate, but unfortunately not everything works out as planned. Well, better too late than never... My last theme is the letter S which also stands for a special place in my heart.

Thanks to Jientje for coming up with this idea & being a wonderful host, and to all creative participants for making this meme so much fun.

So here we go...
S is for "Think the sun rises and sets on someone"

© 2009 by Rosidah AbidinMeaning: To think someone is the most important person in the world

S is for "Swan Song"

Black Swan © 2009 by M.Faisal K.
Meaning: A final gesture or performance.
I have posted this idiom before, but I thought it fits this final edition.


Click the button to see more idiom images
Thanks
for coming up with this wonderful idea, Jientje

5 appreciated note(s):

Anya said...

Hi Rosidah
I am happy you are back
I hope you had a great vacation:)

The black swan is so special for me I have it never seen in real :)
Have a wonderful day
hugs from us
Kareltje =^.^=
Anya :)

Gattina said...

Fits perfectly !

I continue with my cats as long as I can find Idioms which fits on them, lol !

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear sweet friend. What a wonderful way to end this meme. You did EXCELLENT!!! xoxxoox

Liz said...

Great idioms! I like the first one a lot. :)

Barbara H. said...

Those are both good ones, especially fitting for the ending of this fun meme.