11 February 2012

Pain Relief Haiku

Saturday, February 11, 2012
pain relief haiku

Thanks Jenn for this haiku theme

Relief


No dreary nightmares.
Haunting images from past.
Closure to the heart.

~RA


Life is full of memories. Good ones and bad... There are moments you try desperately to forget, but they just keep popping up in your head no matter what you do. Sigh... So what do you do?

I'm afraid to say that there might be no definite answer. You've got to find yourself a cure for the pain, which in many cases is not as easy as it's written or said. It might be different for each and everyone of us, but either way might be tough when you try to soothe a bleeding heart.

Seeking strength in faith is one of the best medicines for me. Looking comfort in all surroundings to recognize the blessings and love still given, so that it can give some peace of mind. It helps to believe in life, to go on and keep trying.


The meme basics:

Haiku is simple!
It is 3 non-rhyming lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables respectively
(a great way to use your fingers!)

I don't create poetry, I create myself,
for me my poems are a way to me.

~Edith Södergran

Keep a poem in your heart.

3 appreciated note(s):

Unknown said...

Hi Rosidah,glad to have you back! Indeed, when we're troubled, it's very much how we face and deal with it.Our inner strength, support from friends and family all can make it more bearable too. Wishing you a good day!

Chèvrefeuille said...

[...] closure to the heart [...]
WOW! what a nice line. This really is a haiku about relief. Thank you for sharing.

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

Rosidah, so good to see you! That is a very heartfelt relief indeed. I can feel the heavy sigh that goes along with it. Well done :)