It is time again for another Friday’s Fave Five hosted by Susanne at Living To Tell The Story. She says that:
It's a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post about 5 favorite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.
I really like the thought of thinking back over our weekly life. It is a good way to reflect and find these hidden gems of blessings. Here are my Friday’s Fave Five for this week:
3. We just began renovating the house to make a room for my son. I know there's still a lot of work to do, but getting things started is good.
4. Torch lights and a long weekend. Last night a torch march passed our home. I grabbed the camera and took a short video, but it isn't anything compared to the real event. I know you can hardly see a thing, but I hope it will give a sense about how exciting it was. You can hear the sound of traditional drums. We have a national holiday here in Indonesia, and therefore a long weekend. I LOVE long weekends! If only there were more of them .
5. On a sad note, three mothers passed away at school this week. It is always hard to receive news like these. But I think it is also a reminder to appreciate life even more and try to spend every minute as best as you can. I hope that they rest in peace and the families left behind will soon find the strength to cope with the great loss.
This is my 9 year old daughter's list for this week:
3. Riding the bike with her brother.
4. Her father's week off.
5. Wearing her new pajama. It was also a birthday present.
This is my 5 year old son's list for this week:
3. The weekend.
4. Worn out clothes.