Today is my first time to join Friday’s Fave Five hosted by Susanne at Living To Tell The Story. I read on her blog that she is not feeling well today, so I'm wishing her a speedy recovery. If you click on the button above you will get to more Friday's Fave Five. Susanne says that:
It's a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post about 5 favorite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.
I really like the thought of thinking back over our weekly life. It is a good way to reflect and find these hidden gems of blessings. So here is my Friday’s Fave Five for this week:
1. On Sunday, we went to Bandung to visit my cousin who just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Grace Sara. I think children are such true blessings to lighten up your life.
Ten fingers, Ten toes
She's laughter and teardrops
So small and brand new
And amazingly angelic
She's sent to bless you
She's one special Baby
The best of life's treasure
And will grant and bless you
Many hours of great pleasure.
(Source: All Great Quotes)
2. On Monday, I finished a tag from my dear friend Amanda at MooreBlogLife called Only One Word on Facebook. As the name might tell, the goal was to answer the given questions with only one word. I really love this tag and intended to put it on my blog, but somehow I didn't get to it until now. Below are some of my answers which I find as happiness and blessings.
3. On Tuesday, one of my daughter's school friends celebrated her 9th Birthday and the children had a lot of fun. It is custom here in Indonesia to prepare some yellow rice for your guests. You can see this yellow rice spread with fried shallot, plus clockwise from the upper left surrounded by kerupuk, pastel, sweet & spicy fried potatoes and omelet. Yummy!
# Your significant other? Soulmate
# Your Mother? Sanctuary
# Your Father? Shelter
# Favorite Thing? Leisure
# Favorite Drink? Tea
# Your Dream/goal? Fulfillment
# Your Hobby? Photography
# Favorite muffin? Blackberry
# Friends? Timeless
# Your Life? Blessed
# Smoking? Never
# Favorite place to eat? Home
# Favorite place to be right now? Nature
4. Sometimes I like to get inspired by searching for quotes. These are the quotes I found this week:
“Patience can't be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it. ~Eknath Easwaran”
“Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together...You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself...'How did I get through all of that?'” ~Unknown Author
5. There have been a lot of earthquakes here in Indonesia lately. The Tasikmalaya earthquake, the Sumatera earthquake, and just yesterday another shallow earthquake with a 6.4 magnitude struck off at 16:52 Jakarta time (09.52 GMT). The epicenter was 42 km northwest of Ujung Kulon, Banten, West Java, and 10 km under the sea bed. I'm so glad that no victims have been reported for the Ujung Kulon earthquake until now, unlike the high death tolls at the previous incidents. I hope and pray it stays this way. My ultimate gratitude this week is being blessed by the life of me and my beloved ones. Hopefully, we can live our life to the fullest, while given the chance of more time.
Take good care and have a wonderful week, everyone!