27 August 2010

Castle of Love | Thursday Poetry Rally 27

Friday, August 27, 2010

Thanks for the invite to our host Jingle

CASTLE OF LOVE

Blinded through desire
Beaten by race of time
Deaf to the pace of serenity
Moments fade away to rush

Spirits behold of silence
As sun sets on sphere each day
Seek rest within fortress of soul
Find love, find a way home

~RA

Image: Sunset at my home

I don't create poetry, I create myself,
for me my poems are a way to me.
~Edith Södergran

Keep a poem in your heart.

24 appreciated note(s):

Jingle said...

I am thrilled to have you in...
what beautiful blog u have here,
Cheers!

Jingle said...

love your words,
they are masterful and fun!

Anonymous said...

Pure delight my friend. This poem speaks volumes. :)

Amanda said...

Very beautiful...loved the sunset!!

Amanda Moore said...

Rosidah I have only recently seen a new side to you through your Haiku. Now free verse and an extension of that side expands. This was very lovely, the last verse really got me!

Thoughtsnotlost said...

I'm in love with this poem! Wonderfully done!

Anonymous said...

What I liked about this poem is the way the words slide so evenly into each other at each line. The brevity does not take away from the poem. I believe it enhances the beauty.

Anonymous said...

Very very beautifully written, Rosida... In today's rat race, finding love is indeed like finding a place to live.. in someone's heart...
The title, words, and image are just perfect!!!

Victoria Ceretto-Slotto said...

I enjoyed you poem and love the fact that Jingle's Poets Rally introduces us to other poets from many places. Thank you. Victoria

Anonymous said...

A great read and breathtaking vista, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Love is never far away. it is in your heart and your heart is your home. I enjoyed this poem. thank you

Vinay Leo R. said...

find love.. find a way home.. i couldn't have put it better myself if i tried :)

love it.. well said, and love the name of ur blog too :D

my entry for the rally is The Butterfly Lover :)

Anonymous said...

lovely poem and photo :)

Christine said...

The last lines touched my heart with their simple and positive message! I liked seeing your house with the poem. It connects beautifully! I think that was the point of this lovely poem. :-)

Nessa said...

This is a very beautiful idea and so well put.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful poem, i love sunset too :)
Happy Rally :)

Thoughtsnotlost said...

Have a great day!

http://jingleyanqiu.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/friendsr-the-best1.jpg

Anonymous said...

it reminds me of my home,,
:'(
nice poem by the way!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful! I think we all spend a lifetime trying to find love and find a way home...I really hope we all do :)

Anonymous said...

love the way you ended it..

Ankita Singhal said...

loved the piece...Find love, find a way home-- such a beautiful insightful line...
delightful read.
keep it up:)
viva la vida :)

Christine said...

I give you the coveted Jingle Award for Best Weekly Photo this week! You can pick it up at http://ibrewhaiku.blogspot.com/2010/08/jingle-awards.html
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Great poem, enjoyed the read and thanks for sharing.

Jingle said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/sunday-news-flash-plus-awards/#comment-16638

Rally week 28 will be on September 9,
welcome then

awards for you,
check out other stuff there. it is an old post, u may already saw it, but in case you did not know, welcome to explore…
;)