24 August 2010

Facebook Bug: Sorry, An Error Has Occurred

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Okay, I have officially joined my friends who have been experiencing trouble to access their Facebook accounts. If, you receive a message like this on your screen:


Sorry, an error has occurred.
We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.
Go Back.

just remind yourself that you're not alone. The problem seems to be a bug that hasn't been permanently solved by the Facebook team yet. Hopefully they will come up with an answer soon.

I have three browsers and neither one worked for three accounts of our family members, when this error occurred. Nope, it didn't work on mobile phone either. Based on Google search, many other people failed to fix the problem by a change of browser. So, I'm guessing it's not because of the browsers. Spare your time from changing them.

It only took less than one hour for me to sign into my account again. According to what I have read, people have been dealing with this issue between a couple of hours to several days. I have also experienced by myself that you can try to refresh your page, if this message shows up while you are signed in into your account. It worked for me. May be for you, too.

Don't worry, it is said that your friends still can see your feed and the account is still there. My NetworkedBlogs application still published this post automatically on my wall like set before.

This post will be updated, if I find more solutions for this Facebook bug. May be you could let me know, if you come up with something else? Thank you.


Keep a song in your heart.

3 appreciated note(s):

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

I have a feeling it's simply growing pains, and they're working to upgrade servers and databases. This happens, especially with a service their size! There *is* no solution for it - we simply have to ride it out until they've got it fixed. Considering how huge they are, it's completely amazing that it's as stable as it is most of the time :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm interesting. I haven't experienced that. Did it happen today some time while I'm at work?I tend to agree with Jenn. Growing pains or they didn't test their latest updates tat they realize to their sites.

Nessa said...

I haven't seen that but I'm not the most active FB person. i am trying to do more though so maybe it will come up.