23 August 2010

Curtis Mayfield: Move On Up | Music Monday

Monday, August 23, 2010

When I browsed for optimistic songs, I came upon Move On Up by Curtis Mayfield and loved what I heard. The song written by the singer himself was taken from track 5 of his debut album in 1970 called Curtis (track samples and review for special edition).

Sorry for the poor visual quality, but I couldn't find a better video. If you come on a greater version, please let me know. Well... actually I found a few videos with better visuals, but I couldn't hear the awesome sound of instruments and see these talented children play music. So, I decided to go for this one. Just listen to the music and lyrics to feel soul all the way. Have an uplifting week, everyone.



Thanks to Amanda who is temporary hosting Music Monday
& Diane@goodmourningglory who is taking a break.

Keep a song in your heart.

4 appreciated note(s):

Anonymous said...

OMG I haven't heard this in so long. It's a good one and an excellent pick. Well done. Have a wonderful week ahead :) xoxox

Unknown said...

Nice one, dear Rosidah. Thanks for taking the trouble to give us inspiration in your posts. We surely need reminders every so often.

Amanda Moore said...

I used to watch Soul Train all time (in the video your showing it is the show you see people dancing on) but I have never heard this one before it is so up beat I love it.
xoxoxoxoxox

Nessa said...

This is a good wiggle in your seat song.