05 August 2010

Homecoming | Sensational Haiku Wednesday

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Homecoming Haiku
Thanks to Jenn for this week's theme

Homecoming

Restless heart, settle on peace.
Be blessed to say: “I’m coming home.”
At each end of day.

~RA

PS. I just realized that I was confusing syllables with words in my haiku, thanks to Jenn's sweet comment. So here is an updated version of the previous one above going by the real rules.

Restless heart, seek peace.
Bliss is in “I’m coming home.”
At each end of day.

~RA


The meme basics:

Haiku is simple!
It is 3 non-rhyming lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables respectively
(a great way to use your fingers!)


Thanks for every visit and comment.
Keep a song in your heart.

8 appreciated note(s):

Anonymous said...

My dear sweet Rosidah...this is very touching and very good words to live by. Well done my friend. Have a wonderful Thursday :) xoxox

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

So lovely! If only people could be happy with simple happiness in life, right?

Heehee, you know I just realized you're using 5-7-5 WORDS instead of syllables! Couldn't figure out why I didn't see a haiku anywhere last week, and then this week it just made sense. I'll take it :)

Jientje said...

I don't think haiku is simple but you did a great job Rosidah. Beautiful!

Amanda Moore said...

That is very sweet Rosidah it seems like a tiny piece of you is in every poem you do, it makes it special!
xoxoxoxoxo

RA said...

@All: Thanks for the wonderful comments.
@Jenn: My goodness, I just realized it too. LOL. Thanks for taking them, but I have worked on some updates. Haikus should be haikus ;)

quilly said...

Rosidah -- Haiku isn't easy to master. I think you do quite well, especially since English isn't your native tongue.

Nessa said...

Both versions are wonderful and so true.

I love coming home.

Unknown said...

Sweet thoughts and what a homecoming:)