20 February 2009

How To Submit RSS Feeds For Your Blog

Friday, February 20, 2009
You may notice a lot of buttons on the bottom of my blog and some at the sidebar. Last night I've been submitting my blog RSS feeds to several listings/sites like mad because I wanted to do a little experiment. But first, what in the world is RSS?

Well, according to RSS Specifications:

RSS is an acronym for Really Simple Syndication and Rich Site Summary.
[...] delivering updates to web-based content. Using this standard, webmasters provide headlines and fresh content in a succinct manner. Meanwhile, consumers use RSS readers and news aggregators to collect and monitor their favorite feeds in one centralized program or location. Content viewed in the RSS reader or news aggregator is place known as an RSS feed.
[...] RSS is a free and easy way to promote a site and its content without the need to advertise or create complicated content sharing partnerships.

In my words (hopefully I get this right and more simple), you try to spread informations about your posts. You can see some lists to submit your blog/site RSS Feed at RSS Specifications.

Now back to my 'experiment', I wanted to know which of the submitted sites gave the most response to new blogs like mine. I will check my statistics via Feedburner Analyze and inform you about the updates. But, please take note that I'm not using any significant extra tools or data to obtain these results. It's a more fun-based experiment.

0 appreciated note(s):