19 March 2009

Be Part of Earth Hour 2009

Thursday, March 19, 2009
I have read my friend's post on Today's Blah, Earth Hour and thought that I would join to spread this important message. Please, take your time to read this post. Earth needs our help! Thank you :).

Earth Hour is an annual international event created by the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature/World Wildlife Fund), held on the last Saturday of March, that asks households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change. It was pioneered by WWF Australia and the Sydney Morning Herald in 2007, and achieved worldwide participation in 2008. Earth Hour will next take place on Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 8:30 pm, local time.

(Source: Wikipedia)

You can read more about this world wide event on the official website here and find out what's happening in your local area in their latest news. Below you can see the official Earth Hour 2009 video.

Be part of the Earth Hour - tell your friends, tell your story.
Make a difference!



10 appreciated note(s):

Unknown said...

Thank you friend for joining in spreading this cause. It's very delightful that we, bloggers are helping each other to be part of this in informing the human race. Where else would the discipline start, but with in us..ourselves.

Unknown said...

Ooopppss...thanks so much for the link. It's been the first time I've been linked as the first one to leave a comment. I never realized too that this existed. I'm learning so much from your blog too. :)

RA said...

Actually, I'm also a beginner. I found out about this at Jackie's Simply Shinade and The Painted Veil. She is a member of the First Commenter Club created by Mariuca. I think it is a great appreciation to our blog visitors :)!

Mescrap said...

Thank you for spreading this news.
Must aware and alert myself in taking good care of our only Earth.

Anonymous said...

WoW! I found out about Earth Hour on Today's Blah's page, but hadn't seen the video! That's amazing - Count me in - I'll turn my electric off for an hour!!! I'm going to post this video on my page before that date.

RA said...

Thank you, Tricia :).

Vicky said...

Thank you for sharing.
I am not sure whether I want to purposely cut off my electricity supply for an hour simply because in my country power cut is a very common phenomenon ( for whatever reasons ... cable theft even!!) . sometimes it can last for 2-3 hours if not more.

anyway, I totally support the movement. energy saving is a way to show our love for planet earth.

btw, i will post sunny skywatch photo of LSS next week just for you :-)

RA said...

I know what you mean by that, Vicky ;). But you don't have to cut off your total electricity. Just simply some lights. I can't wait to see your photos next week. Thank you for thinking of me. That's so nice.

Huzhar said...

I will participate in Earth hour 2009, Let's preserve our earth..

candlemamma said...

Hi Rosidah, it seems some are confused so I will point them in the right direction. I hope you don't mind.
Thanks for your informative blog. You know I love it! :)

http://candlemamma.wordpress.com/2009/03/22/candlemamma-will-light-a-candle/