01 March 2009

Manado Food: Roa Fish Menu

Sunday, March 01, 2009
Manado Food Roa Fish MenuRoa Fish Menu from Manado, North Sulawesi

Yesterday was the first time I tried Manado food at one of the malls in Jakarta. My husband took me to lunch for some of his favorite menus near the office. I took the opportunity to take a shot of my menu. It looks quite simple, but tastes delicious if you are in favorite of hot and spicy food. You may say that this is a trademark of Manado food.

At the center of my menu you can see clockwise from fork and spoon, rice surrounded  by roa fish, papaya flower, sawi and sambal dabu-dabu (a specific Manado chili sauce). I read that roa fish is some kind of flying fish captured from marine environments in North Sulawesi.

Manado food was an interesting experience to my tongue, despite the roa fish which was a little bit too sour for my taste. I liked the cakalang fish menu ordered by my husband much more better or should I say yummy. It resembles this menu here with a different tuna-like fish. Both menus are popular recipes from Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia.

Manado Food Roa Fish Menu
Thanks to, Janet

8 appreciated note(s):

Anonymous said...

Yummy ... Yes, I like spicy food.

candlemamma said...

Hi Rosidah, I have gotten the comment security back for my blog. I have updated it and hope this will help. I love spicy food! I am going to check out the link as soon as I have some free time. I just love your very interesting blog!
Your Friend!
Candlemamma

candlemamma said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog it was very nice. I thought I would have my dad tag along till March 8th. That is the 20th anniversary of his death. Then I will change the picture back.
You don't have to publish this comment. I just wanted to explain why I have my dads picture on my profile. Thanks Rosidah

Anonymous said...

It's very elegant.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm nice! Reminds me of some of the simple food we can get here in Sabah!

Jama said...

So yummy, I love spicy food!

Mescrap said...

Wish one day have chance to try it.

Anonymous said...

hi rosidah,

thanks for joining us at yummy sunday, rosidah. your food presentation is so nice.