28 March 2009

Situ Gintung Tragedy, Earth Hour 2009 & Award

Saturday, March 28, 2009
I have been sick since yesterday, but I would like to post some short messages. They are really important to me.

First, my deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathy to the victims of Situ Gintung (situ means lake in Sundanese) tragedy. On Friday morning, 27 March 2009, the dam of this artificial lake near Cirendeu, Tangerang, Indonesia, failed and resulted in a flood killing at least 67 people and the sum keeps on raising. Many homes and businesses got drowned in this tragic incident. Hundreds of people are injured and missing until now. The search for more victims is still continuing at this very moment. It is a very aweful situation :(.

Second, join Earth Hour 2009 at 8:30 pm, local time, today to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change. But, please don't forget that it's not only about today, we need to care about earth in our daily life.

Third, last but not least Music of My Life has received another Sisterhood Award from JonJon. Thank you so much, dear friend.

I will write longer posts when I'm feeling better.

15 appreciated note(s):

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard about that flood - I hope they find the missing, it's just awful that loved ones have to endure that kind of tragedy!!!

EARTH HOUR! Yes, I can't wait to hear the numbers of countries & cities who participated after it's all said & done this year!!!

Congratulations on the award - You're so sweet & deserving!!!!!!!!

Mariuca said...

Rosidah! I'm here! Congrats to you on the award dearie, may u receive many more! :):):)

Huzhar said...

My condolence also Situ Gintung tragedy victims.
We have joined Earth Hour last night together with thousands other Malaysian and the whole world.
Sorry for your sickness, hope you get well soon..

JonJon Rosaleen said...

Condolonces to the victims also. I understand this would be very difficult situation for some people. I hope our prayers would at least lighten their burden.

Get well soon & can't wait to see your posts!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh i am so sorry to hear about that.. my prayers are with all of the people there.
I do hope you get to feeling better, take care

VALKYRIEN said...

I have seen it on the news even here in Norway. A tragedy for those involved and for the whole community! My deepest condolences!

And then; congratulations to you Rosidah! Well earned! And I hope you will feel better soon! Take care!

Best wishes! :)

Blossom said...

I proudly announce that I participated in Earth Hour. Glad I did! BTW, your today's flower is lovely. And, what's that button you have at the end of your posts that link to another's blog? Is it a kind of meme?

Unknown said...

Rosidah, i've not heard about the tragedy and am sad about what happened there. Hope all will be well soon.

Anonymous said...

Guess what?! I got to see my grand-daughter again today, twice in one month - I have pics posted on my page - I'm sooo happy!!

��Radio Mihalis Thalassis - Athens Greece said...

I wish I was everywhere, see your blog and sends you cheretismata, Michalis from Greece

Jama said...

I can get Indonesian tv here, it's so sad seeing all those people hit by the tragedy. May the victims RIP.

��Radio Mihalis Thalassis - Athens Greece said...

Thank you for your reply, As for the language to translate with Google Translate
I salute you. Michalis

Blackswan said...

Hope u're feeling better by now. It's a blessing I'm living in this part of the world where there's no natural disaster. How fortunate am I.

DeniseinVA said...

I am so sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to all the people who are suffering because of it and I send my deepest condolences to all those involved.

gatot said...

Ikhtiar n tawakal in this last zaman