05 March 2009

In Memoriam (Drive Safe)

Thursday, March 05, 2009
In Memoriam
I had prepared another photo for this week's Sepia Scenes, but the sudden loss of my beloved aunt yesterday made me change my mind. This is my tribute to her. I still feel great grief and my tears are not yet dry... However, there is an important issue I have to share with you. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. It may save someone's life.

Let me point out about safe driving. If you are weary or drunk, please make sure that you (or another person with you) do not go behind the wheel! It is one of the reasons which got my aunt (may she rest in peace now) into a terrible traffic accident in Purworejo, Central Java.

She was a magnificent woman: loving, caring and inspiring me through her entire live. A piece of my heart is gone now, but I will be okay and treasure her memories... She will be missed, but not forgotten. Do me a favor and hug your beloved ones. Treasure them as you still can.

Love to all of you, especially my family and friends.


PS. I picked this photo because my aunt is dressed in a Kebaya. It reminds me of RA Kartini one of Indonesia's women heroines who fought for equal education. My aunt was sure a heroine for me. I will miss her a lot.

26 appreciated note(s):

marLou said...

Rosidah - I am sorry to hear about your loss. She is a lovely looking woman and what a nice tribute to her. My prayers are with you and your family.

Huzhar said...

Sorry about your loss of your beloved aunt, agree with you to treasure our beloved ones all the time. May God bless her..

Ralph said...

Your aunt was a beautiful woman with gorgeous children. The picture is so full of life. The episode is sad, leaving us to memories, all good. But that is too sad in and of itself. What a loss...

PJ said...

Thank you for sharing this loss with us. And for reminding us to be responsible behind the wheel of a car. Your aunt looks like a lovely woman and you did a wonderful job with the sepia tinting.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for your loss.

The photograph is a beautiful tribute to your Aunt, and a tribute to the love you felt for her. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Blessings...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your aunt.
Take care!

I hope there will be more signs like the one I've posted today everywhere.

Mariamellie said...

My dear, my heartfelt sympathy. May God showers her with blessings, she is in His embrace now. She is a beautiful woman with such a beautiful smile. Thanks for sharing this. And may peace and blessings be with you and your beloved ones, always. Hugs

Jeri ~ said...

I am so sorry for your loss, what a beautiful tribute you have given her.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry about losing your aunt - I'll be praying for you and her! I hate to hear about this especially under such horrible circumstances!

Waileng Tan said...

Hello Rosidah,

I'm sorry to hear about the death of your beloved aunt - Al-Fatihah - May God Bless her soul.

Jama said...

Deepest condolences to you and the family for the loss of your aunt, may she rest in peace.

Mojo said...

My stomach dropped as soon as I read this title. I'm so sorry for your loss, but you've done a wonderful tribute here.

Carletta said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. May your memories sustain you to keep your Aunt close in your heart.
This is a wonderfully done tribute to your Aunt's memory.

candlemamma said...

Rosidah,
Please take my condolences. I really know what you are feeling. After the loss of my father 20 years ago. I can tell you... your pain will slowly go away. Take comfort in your family and friends. They will help you to ease your sorrow!
This is a beautiful tribute to a fabulous Lady!
All of My Best,
Candlemamma

Alex Wong said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. you have my deepest deepest condolence.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute to your aunt.

Dirkjogt said...

My condolences, always sad that something happens like this

Sherrie said...

Hi!
So sorry to hear of your loss. Your Aunt is a beautiful woman. Just take one day at a time. It will get better!

Sherrie

Jackie said...

oh no Rosidah I am so very very sorry to hear of your loss. Please know you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jackie

maryt/theteach said...

Rosidah, I'm very sorry for your loss. Terrible accident!

RA said...

Dear Friends, thank you for all prayers and condolences. It means a lot to me in this time of loss. Bless you.

Patti said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt's passing, Rosidah. Such a tragic accident. Life is fragile, indeed. The photo shows us what a beautiful woman she was. You have written a lovely tribute to her.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

candlemamma said...

Your aunt is proud of you! My father left suddenly as well. For him, the great burden he carried was gone. An ingury plaqued him. He suffered constantly from it. This makes me so happy knowing that he is happy. I think of my sister sitting on his knee now in heaven where the two are finally happy. God is watching over them, as he is all of us.
I don't say this to make you sad. You are a very dear friend to me. I tell you this so you can look to your children. I see their loving and adorable faces and I see hope. Hug them everyday! Kiss their sweet little cheeks. Be there for them. Life is hard. We can get through the hard times together. I Love You as well! :)
Be Happy Rosidah. You deserve it!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Rosidah, I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. This may sound crazy, but talk to her. Out loud. I talk to my Granny every day and she died in 2003. Most of the time, she answers. I promise it will make you feel better.

abb said...

Please know how very sorry I am your beloved aunt is gone. It is never ever easy to have a loved one leave your life. Blessings to you and your aunt's memory.

Pamposh Dhar said...

Rosidah, I'm so sorry for your loss. All partings make us sad, but it's sadder still when they seem unnecessary. It's good that you are raising awareness about - and against - drunk driving.

I join you in your prayers for your aunt. May her soul rest in peace.

Much love,

Pamposh