13 March 2009

How To Add LinkWithIn Widget

Friday, March 13, 2009
I visited my friend Marie Reed @ Vintage Postcards, when I came on LinkWithIn for the first time. The site says it is "a widget that links to related stories from your archive under each story on your blog". So, I decided to give it a try. Here are the steps on how to add the LinkWithin widget to your site:

    1. Type in your email address, blog URL and choose platform from the scroll down menu.
    2. Checklist "The body text on my blog has a dark background", if it is so.
    3. Choose Get Widget.
    4. Follow all the simple steps.

That's all!


Even though I think this widget is fabulous, I will see if it slows down the upload of my blog or not. So far, I really like the advantage of displaying links to other posts on this blog. But I'm still not used to see the widget appear in my posts. Anyhow, it looked great on Marie's blog with the white background. I also would prefer if the widget could be aligned center, not left. Trying to insert a div html code for align didn't work. Any help on this matter will be highly appreciated :).

Thanks to the LinkWithIn Team for their great widget job! Do you want to try?

PS. If the widget doesn't appear right away in your posts wait for a while, I have experienced that it uploads a little bit slower than the other contents. May be because it takes time to search for other post data to link within.

3 appreciated note(s):

Mojo said...

I don't know if the <div> tag supports alignment or not, but if you just use a simple <center> tag to do it, it should work. Just bracket the widget code with the <center></center> tags. Can't hurt to try it and it might help.

But there may be a reason they've got it aligned left. Could be that since there's no way to know how many posts will match, they're using float attributes that would line up wonky if you had an odd number of posts left over.

Still it's worth trying to see if it works.

RA said...

Wow, I didn't thought about that. I think you might be right there, Mojo. I will try the center html code and let you know about the result. Thank you :)

Unknown said...

Great clouds on the post below. That's a brilliant blue sky.