09 March 2009

White Flower at The Pool

Monday, March 09, 2009
White Flower at The Pool
I'm sorry about this late entry. We went to Bandung on Sunday morning and I forgot to pack my modem to get online. Thanks to Marie Louise the mystery flower on Today's Flowers last week has been identified as heliconia psittacorum. I wonder if someone could help me to find out about the name of this white flower at the pool here? The photo was taken at the same place. Thank you before.


PS. I'm sorry for submitting this flower again, but I think that a lot of you haven't seen it yet, because of my very late entry last week. I'm also still curious about the species of the flower and thought that someone might know about it like last time. My friend Vicky said that it is a Spider Lily. What do you think?

11 appreciated note(s):

VALKYRIEN said...

What a beautiful flower! Never seen something like that! Your country has so many flowers that can never grow in my country. And they are so exotic! Well - how can they grow in a place with snow half the year! :)

Vicky said...

Hi, Rosidah,
I think this flower is called spider lily. I have seen them around in my area.

Gill - That British Woman said...

lovely photo,

Gill in Canada

Maria said...

Very nice flower, very green, beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo!Beautiful lily!

DeniseinVA said...

I am happy Vicky identified it as I had never seen it before. Great photo and love the imagry. Even more beautiful when enlarged.

Arija said...

Whatever it is, it is pretty.

Judy said...

What an interesting plant!! The leaves and the petals seem to be much the same shape, but the stamens? are much finer and stand up mych straighter. Thanks for sharing!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Beautiful flowers

Inkivääri said...

I can't say what is it, but I can see it's beautiful:)

Vicky said...

I have posted some pictures for Today's flowers meme. Pls come over and see.